The League of Young Inventors is a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit with a mission to enhance STEAM learning, empower teachers, and foster a classroom culture of hands-on experimentation and invention with flexible partnerships and innovative curriculum.
We believe that the principles of experimentation, testing, failure, and refinement are essential for learning and for life, and equip our children with the tools and resilience they’ll need to address local and global problems alike.
Our curriculum aligns with grade-level science and social studies standards including the Next Generation Science Standards, and our units and materials have been refined through thousands of hours of in-class instruction.
- 2,300+ students have participated during school!
- 500+ students have participated out of school!
- 80% of these out-of-school students return!
- We’ve provided 1900 hours of programming in our Brooklyn maker-space!
- We’ve partnered with 70+ educators!
- We’ve worked with 6 NYC public schools!
- 100% of teachers reported that their students were highly engaged throughout the residency!
- We’ve had 2 successful summers of fully enrolled weeklong summer classes!
Where We’re Going
The League curriculum has been developed using our own methods – we conceptualized, designed, and tested our lessons extensively to craft a series of units and materials that can be more broadly applied to classroom learning in public and private schools.
Right now, our team conducts after-school classes and weeklong summer classes in addition to on-location residencies for groups of students in the New York City Public School System.
We’re looking for partners to help us expand our reach. Over the next year, we’ll be offering STEAM professional development for teachers as they use our materials in their own classrooms. Beyond this, we have a vision to package and market our curriculum for independent implementation in schools across the nation.
If you’re interested in supporting the mission and future of the League, we’d love to tell you more about our vision. Please send us a note at email@example.com
We have a number of ways for corporate financial backers to maximize their impact in local school communities.
A few examples:
- A custom-designed class project to share your company’s innovation and social impact.
- Volunteer opportunities at local schools as “expert innovators.”
- Cross-branded “Day of Inventing” events to engage the broader school community.